Saturday, August 6, 2011

Zackary update

Zackary is 23 months old. I can not believe how fast he is growing up. Most importantly he is so in love with his sister. He helps me changer her, feed her, wake her up from her naps, take her on walks, play with her, and gives her the cutest hugs and kisses. She watches his every move too and smiles at him when he's being silly. Watching their relationship grow and unfold in front of my eyes as the days go by is so surreal. I am so grateful that they have each other. I definitely have made it a point to not sweat the small stuff and enjoy each silly, sandy, sloppy, smelly and sweaty moment!

Ben set up his drums in the garage (all but the symbols) and he showed Zackary how to play them. It's too loud if Dad is playing them but okay for Zackary too...he has fun! He's going to take after his Dad and play the neighbors into year round vacations away from our house!

Zackary opted to relax with my Dad and I on the front pouch instead of taking Bentley on a walk with Ben and Kathi. So funny. He actually relaxed. He laid down for awhile and got some sun and then sat at the table with us reading a pottery barn magazine. Cracks me up.

Some things Zackary is doing:
-Speaking so much more. His sentences are long his commentary is hysterical. He says "ohhhhhh," "oh my gosh," "I am gassy mommy," "I hurt my finger AGAIN...laughing," and so much more.
-He is still a solid sleeper at night and for his nap (7:30pm-6:30am and 11:45-2 sometimes 3).
-He is a great eater-takes his vitamins for me but we call it his treat and he calls it his "O drink." -He also has to have 3 chocolate covered raisins for dessert each night...we don't give him them if he doesn't eat well...and I use dark chocolate (makes me feel a bit better about the sugar!). He loves turkey meatballs from Trader Joes, hummus, plain yogurt, bananas, quesadillas, chicken, ketchup, green beans, tuna, pizza, and burgers...and so much more.
-We are in the process of potty training. He is doing well. We put underwear on (no pull-ups unless we are at soccer or something). He pees easily (gets one chocolate chip and a little present each time- I am running out of presents) but the pooping...well that's a bit harder.
-We start preschool in September so we have to be fully potty trained.
-The biggy- NO MORE PACIFIERS. and it actually went well. He barely cried and I know his teeth and jaw are thanking me. There was just no good time after Emme was born to take them away...especially with his regression he went through. But when she turned 6 months..well that was my deadline. I knew it was time and the dentist and I agreed on when Emme turns 6 months.
-I love his sillyness...laughter, smiles, the best hugger, his love, and watching him with my mom and dad is really precious too. He just loves them! I am so happy that my mom and him have a special relationship. She teaches him a lot, constantly and he eats it up. She has him counting into his 30s...tonight on the toilet he counted to 25 by himself.
-He sings his ABC's, knows shapes, colors, and sings a lot of songs (but puts in his own words).
-He is getting better with loud unexpected noises. We have been going to the beach and he goes to soccer too and those are helping with all the kids, noises and mayhem that he was feeling uncomfortable with after Emeline was born.
-He loves balls, water fountains, reading his books, toy cars, fire trucks and playing in the sand.

Honey, Dad and I are loving every moment we spend with you. You teach us just as much as we teach you. We will protect you, who you are and who you become. And look forward to all our future memories together. You are such a sweet boy, and really smart!!! We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment