Saturday, August 6, 2011

I can sit up, roll over, and I love my cereal

My little girl is 6 months already. It's going by fast right now probably because we are running after two not just one! My first 6 months with Zackary went very slow for me but with him being fussy it was harder. Emeline is a very content baby. She's in the 91% for height and weight (18.5 pounds) and she has a small head in the 4%. Her doctor is making us go to a specialist about it-great. But Zackary and Ben have small heads too so I know it's genetic. She loves to sit up and explore anything and everything. In her saucers she is moving, pushing, grabbing EVERYTHING. I just sat there the other day and watched her and it was fascinating to see all she could do. I caught her with this bath toy crab in her mouth...she just left it there and kept playing-to funny. I try putting different textures and loud things in front of her so she can feel and explore and she does it well.

We have started solids with her. A week of rice cereal, now a week of oat cereal and then we are going to go onto sweet potatoes and carrots. She loves her cereal though. She opens her mouth wide and even sometimes slurps it off the spoon. And she really isn't that messy...neither was Zackary. I love feeding her cause I know SHE loves it!!!


Ok so she is 100% in love with her Dada! When he comes into the room she lights up and kicks her legs. Even if he's been holding her and he hands her to me...she just stares at him and gets so excited when he smiles or talks to her. Daddy's girl all the way!!! And Zackary is a total Mommy's boy! I love it! And I know Ben does too!


So we were still holding her for her naps up till about a week ago. I could tell that her people were thinking it was time to let her nap in her crib. I didn't want to let go...I wanted to keep holding her for her naps. She sleeps about 1.5-2 hours in your arms and 30min in the crib. But we did it...and now she's taking 3 30min naps a day and goes to bed at 5...and sleeps until 6 or 7. This picture is one of her last naps on mommy. Look how precious she is. Melts my heart. Right when we started nap training she started not breastfeeding well. So it was hard to kind of go through both of those things at the same time. But I enlisted my lactation consultant I had for Zackary and after talking about it I felt renewed and now she's feeding better. She still hasn't had any formula.

She rolls really good from her back to her stomach but I have only seen her roll twice the other way. She is scooting with our help...and loves loves loves her jumper swing. She's so inquisitive about every button, every color...it's so fascinating to watch. You are so cute!!!

Her laughter is contagious too. We have games we play and noises I make so she'll laugh.
She loves her baths...the second I set her in I can almost see her go..."ahhhhhh." She is enthralled by Bentley. She watches every move he makes and likes to feel his fur. He's really good with both kids...pretty much stays away but if they try to pet him he just stands there. I am so grateful for his sweet nature.
Zackary provides endless entertainment for her too...but so does Mickey. I didn't let Zackary watch TV until he was 2 but it is so hard now that he watches certain shows in the morning to not let her. I do my best.

We are having so much fun watching you grow, change and learn. You are sweet, so sweet...and easy going. Thank you Lord! I will tell you this constantly, you complete our family...you are such a blessing every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment