Tuesday, October 19, 2010
The First Dentist Experience
I can only say that I wish all my doctors were as fun as this Dental office. Of course I was way anticipating bringing Zackary to the dentist because I for one knew he was going to cry and two Ben had to work. But there was a sign for him when he walked in saying Welcome Zackary...toys everywhere and cartoons on. So far so good. When we went into the back he straddled his legs around my waist and laid backwards with his head in the hygienist lap and she cleaned and put the fluoride treatment on his teeth. Straight above on the ceiling they had t.v.s, which he didn't watch because he was to busy crying. But 2 minutes later and then doctor came over looked at his teeth the same way and said no cavities, and all looked good. He was super nice. Then the hygienist gave him a coin which he got to use on a vending machine with balls in it...boy did he like that part. Out came a yellow ball-good sign for me! Then they gave him a balloon with a big toothbrush on the bottom and didn't even charge me the full amount because I was quoted something completely different on the phone before going in. We were out in 25 min. It was crazy. I can't wait for his next appointment in 6 months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My kids still LOVE the dentist. I'm taking Collin for his first trip in about a month. My kids usually scream and cry the first couple times.
ReplyDelete