Yesterday we saved a baby hummingbird. Zackary enjoyed watching the little baby bird chirp, drink it's sugar water I fed it and sleep underneath the lamp for warmth. Luckily I found an open rehabilitation facility and took it there. Subsequently I was also saved this weekend with Ben's mom visiting us and spending all of Zackary's awake time with him, playing, eating and laughing! I wasn't feeling all that great so it was wonderful to have her here taking care of all of us.
As I was driving the hummingbird to it's new home yesterday morning I realized how many times I have fallen out of my nest since having my little man almost 2 years ago and I am so thankful to all those that helped put me back in the nest, feed me, support me and enable my spirit to grow as a new parent.
I wish I had a picture of my symbolic moment, but of course my camera battery was in need of a recharge! Go figure!
No comments:
Post a Comment