Our little man just turned one year old. Wow how time sure does fly. I remember him at 1 minute old like it was yesterday. The first 5 months were so hard for me they lasted forever but the remaining 7 months of his first year went to fast. He had such a fun time at his park birthday party. So many of our close family and friends were there and it meant a lot to Ben and me. The support I have felt from some has been wonderful and what helped me get through my struggles and also enjoy sharing in the joys. So thank you. He loved looking at his cake but when it came time to eat it...well that didn't go over as well..he just got the yummy frosting all over the place...and I thought, "good boy...sugar bad!!!" My Dad pointed out that I was wearing a white shirt too (not smart mommy) so we quickly cleaned the hands and passed him off to Ben!nu=3336)76;)558)WSNRCG=3348(3676+336nu0mrj.jpg)
Zackary I am doing these blogs to not only share my moments of you with others but for a journal to one day print out and have a memory of all the important milestones of your life. Because it's been a year since I had you I wanted to write about you being born. I went into labor on September 10, 2008 around 11PM. My back had been hurting really bad those past couple of days and know where I laid at night could I fall asleep. So I was on no sleep for over 48 hours. We had decided to rent a movie that night to get my mind off of my aches and of course your Dad fell asleep in the middle of it but I watched the movie 21 and it worked, for a second I forgot I was 39 weeks pregnant. At 11PM I woke up to go to the bathroom and afterwards a little water leaked out. I thought, "hum, what's that, strange but whatever" and went back to sleep. Around 2AM it happened again. I woke up your Dad and he said call the doctor. So we called and she said it could have been your water breaking you have to go in to the hospital. So we packed up and arrived around 3AM and now being September 11th!!! We were excited but at the same time didn't really think it was my water breaking because I had no contractions at all. More than anything we were tired! So they checked me in and laid a pad down in case it happened again and the nurse could look at the fluid. Sure enough 5 minutes later I felt it again and she said yes your water is breaking-slowly. I was only dilated to 3. They started monitoring you with a strap around my belly. Man I instantly got real nervous. My heart was racing, my stomach churning. We called your grandparents and Baba and Jedo and Grandma Goddard were on their way...Grandpa Goddard to come visit later. Then started the waiting process (which actually went by fast). I tried to sleep...but I was way to excited. I was going to hold my little sweet baby in my arms for the first time, something I had only dreamed about. Around 5-6AM the nurse tried to put a IV catheter in my arm. It didn't go well so she got another nurse, and then another nurse. The third one finally got it in after much ouchy pain. The nurses had rounds around 7AM and after that the pitocin drip was started to induce me by making my contractions start. Well, they started and soon after I got an epidural...which was lovely. It took awhile for it to kick in and I kept pushing the button for more and the anesthesiologist came and and would also give me more. He said you were pushing against my spine and labor would be really painful without some medicine. I became very numb from my bellybutton down and then although I wanted to relax I couldn't because the medicine was making me shake and some other family members were arriving and saying hello! I still hadn't seen an OB by now but the nurses were doing a good job. Although the monitor kept falling off which was bothersome cause we couldn't monitor your heart well. At 8AM I was still dilated to a 3. At 10 and 12 same...dilated to a 3. The nurse said she'd be back in 2 hours and at 2PM I was dilated to a 5! I think I had finally relaxed a bit and you were getting ready. And around 3:20 she checked again and I was at a 10 and fully effaced! You were ready! The nurse said lets practice pushing, your doctor is here at the hospital delivering another baby, so I can go get her after we practice. I said, I don't need any practice, trust me...but she didn't and I practiced pushing and she yelled stop...and got the doctor! HA! So Dr. Lee came in and 15 minutes later you were in my arms, crying, small, warm and blueish...but oh my gosh we thought A BOY!!! And then we said it...out loud to others (cause your name was a secret)...Zackary Padraig. It was you, me, Dad, Grandma Goddard, nurse and Dr. Lee in the room and they all helped me a lot with the pushing. You nursed soon after they cleaned you up and checked you out...7.8 ounces 21 inches long...of just purity! I had a feeling everything was going to be alright and it was. You were born without a hitch.
You are such a joy to me and your Dad and SO many others. We love you and wish and pray for many more amazing years of your life and celebrations of you at your birthdays. Happy Birthday Muffin!
No comments:
Post a Comment