What a production Harvest Faire is. Each November Zackary's school puts on a huge faire to bring in money. There are booths set up all over the campus to buy things from fairy houses, to hand made hair clips to wood chopping, to fairy dust making and so much more. A band, food trucks, home made sweets with a whole separate table dedicated to gluten free baked goods. It is sort of a medieval/granola festival in a way, you can try your hand at a whole bunch of different games and trades. I worked at the baked goods area for part of the day just to stare at all the treats and see what people buy (chocolate chip cookies are peoples favorites) and all the time keep it looking appetizing and clean.
My mom and I also worked at the walking sticks booth. Each family has to bring 10 large, sturdy sticks to the school. You buy tickets and I believe 3 were for a walking stick that you decorate yourself. There is yarn, bells, ribbon, feathers and all sorts of stuff in baskets set up for you to use. I loved it, what a great idea. Then on your next hike, you have a walking stick to help you. My mom at the time with her bum hip used Zackary's stick the rest of the day!
Here are the troops. Daddy, Emme, Grandma and Zackary. Of course I am taking the pic! Zackarys' teacher walked around with an apron on with like 25 pockets in it. You gave her a ticket and you got something special from a pocket...genius! Zackary got a marble and a shell. We had a really fun day helping set up and work the booths and raise money for this amazing school!
No comments:
Post a Comment