Big Bear has become our home away from home. Last summer we had a great time with the kids. This winter we decided to head up for 4 days to celebrate Ben's birthday. We invited another couple and their twins and had a great time. The house we rented had 3 bedrooms, a game room, two bathrooms, big kitchen and living area and enough room in the front yard and back to sled. The kitchen was not fully stocked as told which was a little annoying but the weather....perfect.
Zackary enjoyed one day out in the cold before a virus took him over. The fever kept him in for the remainder of our time. I felt so bad too because he LOVED the snow-and had such a good time building a tunnel, throwing snowballs and sledding too. Emeline HATED the snow but once Ben made this snowman the second day she became more comfortable and had fun outside. She went down the sled with Ben a couple of times and went on some walks with me in the neighborhood.
Their snow gear took me an hour just to put on so I was releaved by the second days warmth as I didn't have to fully dress them up! Emme liked this better as well.
I got him to throw snowballs and really embrace his first trip to the snow. It really is a big playground...with so much to do! After Zackary got sick, Ben continued to enjoy his time outside building a couple different sledding areas-brought back memories of his youth!
So happy!!! She wore her brothers old rain boots. I had bought some boots for her which she hated so I took them back and found these ones in storage!
Ben had a nice birthday with us and our friends. The two of us enjoyed a long walk through the neighborhood and some time in the game room (mario brothers, oh how I miss you). AG and I ate out one night at this really nice and tasty restaurant...and had a blast. The week worked perfect minus Zackary's cold (trip number two this season and he's been sick for both-ugh).
We miss Big Bear already...summer??
No comments:
Post a Comment