Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Moving On Up

Well 13.5 months and I am done breastfeeding. It was hard to stop but since she stopped latching in February I was pumping for the last month and I lost that connection with her so I knew I was done. I can't believe I made it though, 2 kids 2 years of breastfeeding! I am very proud of myself. It was important to me and with help and support I did it!

Another big first today on Emeline's 14 month birthday, she took her first steps to me. I didn't preempt her she just looked at me and started walking towards me. It was just me all alone with her and it was a perfect moment and I am so happy it was with her mommy! Ben and I were gone over the weekend and since we have been back Emme has been very attached to me which I am eating up and finding comfort in. She is definitely developing a strong personality and I love watching that happen.
The other day I was thinking about how powerful it is that we get to bring human beings into this world...to experience living, breathing and all the things that encompass earth. There is nothing like that. I can't imagine not having either of my kids in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment