Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Favorite 30 Minutes of the Day

It's been awhile since I have updated this blog-I guess since late October. Not much is new other than a fast growing baby and more advanced new language coming from Zackary constantly! Preschool is a sensitive subject with him. I never know if he is going to cry when I leave or just join in and start playing with the others. He has really latched onto the teachers-think he prefers adults over kids right now-and seeing him light up when I pick him up at 1pm is the best! But I really want him to feel comfortable and enjoy it as well. Maybe after Christmas when there isn't as many holidays and in-service days, etc...he'll get into the groove and it will flow more smoothly for him. He also for about a month now has been going through his terrible twos, even though he is 3. He pushed two kids at school and well is hitting at home and screaming and throwing his toys. He gets so frustrated and mad, it's hard for me to watch. I don't want him to go through this but apparently it's normal. He has his good days and bad. He's getting harder at dinner time and he really doesn't like Emeline to touch any of his toys. He still says the cutest things, is completely attached to mommy, and makes me jump up and down inside with love!

Yesterday he was in a Christmas program at his preschool. All the kids sang Silent Night which is what him and I sing every night before bed. Watching him and seeing his smile at me, I got teary eyed. These moments as a mom are the BEST. Tonight I said, "Do you know how much I love you?" He said, "this much and reached his arms wide open..." I said, "yes and more." He said, "I love you to the yellow moon, orange moon, red moon, white moon, blue moon and green moon." Ahhhh...beat that!

Emeline is 10.5 months and changing every day. She loves loves loves the boys in her life-her Daddy, brother and doggie. When Bentley comes in the room she gets so excited. Her mission in life is to scoot over to Bentley and touch his paws, collar, and nose. It's hysterical. After awhile Bentley looks up at me like come on mom...tell her to stop! :) She isn't exactly crawling on her knees yet, she scoots mostly but she's standing really well and moving along with her hands to get around. Apparently that is exactly what I did when I was her age. Go straight from scooting to walking! She loves to eat...she'll eat and eat and eat.! Her favorites are carrots, squash, zucchini, puffs, and fruit and plain yo baby yogurt.

We can take her anywhere and she just goes along with it...and that is new to us cause Zackary was not like that. Emme came with us to watch Zackary's performance and she loved every moment. She watched the other little girls and babies that were there and smiled at everyone except Ms. Maso (one of Zackary's teachers-she always cries at the sight of her...poor Ms. Maso).

She pushes every button (with her middle finger) on her toys and just smiles when they make a noise and light up. She makes the cars move on the floor like she's driving them. She feeds Elmo Zackary's fake food, she puts the balls in her hippo where they go, she turns the pages in her books, she started signing for milk, says mom, dada, da for dog I think, she loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse..I try not to get her to watch it but she does yoga just to see the tv screen especially during the songs, she kisses everything, she loves her soothies, and she loves her bjorn walks!

She has figured out all her toys and plays with them perfectly...it's amazing. I swear she's so smart. She just now has figured out how to turn her aquarium on in her crib. It's so cute! The best is her smile...she scrunches up her nose and eyes so tightly-it makes you instantly smile and feel all warm and cozy inside. She needs all new clothes...has grown out of all of them-hum...Christmas sales!

But my ultimate favorite relaxing time of the day right now is 4:30-5. Her and I go in my room and I turn down the lights. I nurse her for awhile and then Ben brings in a bottle for her to top her off. She lays in the nook of my knee and while playing with her feet and watching either Friends, Giada or Ellen she drinks her whole 5-7 ounces (on top of the 2-3 from nursing). It's relaxing, she's happy, quiet...I love it. When she finishes the bottle she looks up at me and smiles this huge smile like she's so proud of herself! Then I change her into her pj's on my bed and we play for a minute. Bedtime with Daddy is next and she falls right to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment