Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter Time

It's so weird, carrying on traditions with my children that have been a part of my life since I was born. I enjoy it though, I get a different perspective now on each tradition because I am seeing them through different, young eyes.
Zackary and Ben had fun coloring the Easter eggs this year while Emme and I watched on the sidelines. Zackary cracks me up. He likes to eat a hard boiled egg when we are all done coloring. I think it's just the cracking of the shell that he gets excited for. Anyway, both years he put way to much yolk in his mouth...a couple chews and he gets this crazy look on his face... stops chewing and immediately I have to get up and leave (I'm thinking if he vomits I will too!). He was able to spit it out last year but this year he held it in his mouth and just stopped chewing. Oh great, I ;m thinking-but finally he was able to swallow it with a little help from Ben!!!

We hid baskets all over the house for Zackary and some eggs. He had so much fun finding them but he really didn't care what was in them. I had each one themed and filled so perfectly! But with all my hard work what excited him the most...the 6 eggs that had jellybeans in them! Oh my gosh, it was like he struck gold. He played with them tell we left for my Mom's. He just recently stopped asking for jellybeans!

Family Picture

Zackary looked so cute on Easter. I love it he's holding his purple slimy worm in one hand and his comfort burp cloth in the other.

He had a fun day with Dad. My mom gave him a great basket, all his favorites which nicely kept him occupied for awhile...tell the next door neighbors started using their loud chain saw on something, and then he was done.


Toot...toot...now that I think of it where is that flute?

No comments:

Post a Comment