Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Me at 20 Months


I wanted to give you an update on what I am doing now that I am almost 2 years old. When I go on walks with mom and dad I bring my popper along and drag it with me the whole way while smelling flowers, pointing to flags, and watching the planes in the sky. Sometimes a dog comes along but I am only comfortable with Bentley so I ignore the others. I am so good at smelling flowers. Mom and Dad always smile and love it when I smell them so I keep doing it. They should do it more often too! When Dad waters the yard, I go with him and help him with the hose. It's so much fun to do. I can't wait to start camping and playing golf with Daddy.


I love playing hide and seek with Mom and Dad. I am good at it. They can never find me and they look all over. I love it. My favorite spot to hide is mom's closet. I try raising my head up as high as I can into Mom's clothes so they can't see me. Shhhh don't tell anyone my hiding spot.

Mom has all these bracelets that she lets me play with. They make a lot of noise. I also like taking mom's mascaras and banging them against things...they make funny noises. Mom likes to chase me with her makeup brush too, it tickles on my neck. She's so fun! Mom takes me to the local outdoor mall a lot too. It's great cause there are a lot of fountains, koi fish and even an escalator. I go up and down a lot...it's really cool to watch the escalator. I am still in my gym class once a week. At first I didn't really like it but now I love it. It's fun playing on all the pads, going down slides and through tunnels (by myself), swinging high in the sky, playing with bubbles, and going on the trampoline. The teachers are okay, fun but kind of weird but the other kids and moms are really nice.
I am still really into music and my favorite song now is "The Farmer in the Dell." Grandma and Mom sing to me a lot, they have nice voices. My favorite is when it's nap time. Mom sings to me and I try and play with her face. It makes us giggle. I have three stuffed animal friends that I sleep with too. Pluto, Mickey Mouse and Slush, my husky dog. They are really soft and keep me company when I take an hour to fall asleep. It's nice though to relax in my bed after playing so much.

I was really sick about a month ago. I could tell that Mom and Dad were very worried. They cuddled with me constantly and Mom even let me sleep on her, a lot. I decided though that fevers are no fun and I don't want to have another one, ever! When I started feeling better Mom was a little stressed because I changed my naps. It's getting better again now. I also am not as into some foods as I was. My new favorite foods are meatballs, lima beans, peas, sunflower seed butter (thanks for the idea Baba) on toast, and apricot preserves. I still love hummus, and my mom's yummy lentil soup. I am drinking on my own from a cup...it's fun to do. Sometimes I spill, but that's ok.

I love my Mom and Dad...thanks for everything.

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing from lil Z so creative ;) He's growing so much! I hope I can get my butt down there and move soon so I can join in on the experiences more!

    ReplyDelete