I was talking to a good friend of mine from college on the phone 3 days ago and she explained her life with children as piecing one jigsaw puzzle together after another and it's so true. For the past two weeks Zackary has been sick. This cold accompanied a fever though, our first fever as parents. We figured out the medicines, which worked better, how to get him to sleep (on me) and as I thought no ear infection or sore throat said the urgent care doctor. Well this virus certainly has changed him. I was lucky that I was warned that his diet might be different now well after he's feeling better and its so true. He won't eat! He won't eat anything I make him. He likes bread, cheese, fruit (and he's even becoming finicky with fruit), Fillet Mignon (ha!), yogurt, pancakes/french toast, quesadilla and sometimes lentil soup. I can't believe how much his appetite has changed. And I'm hearing that it will be like this for around 6 months. Great!
His naps are all messed up too...trying to get him back on one a day with the repercussions of him now not wanting to fall asleep at night and waking up again around 5AM. His eczema is a bit better but I really have to watch the acidic fruits he eats (which are his favorite).
Wonder what's the next jigsaw puzzle I'll be attempting to figure out!
No comments:
Post a Comment