Tuesday, April 13, 2010

19 months

Zackary brought his 19th month to life with a fever, and nasty cold. We felt so bad for him, Sunday was definitely his worst day by far. He's slowly mending, fever gone but his nose has it's own agenda. The amount of goop coming out of it is unreal! This was the first fever he had ever had. When it reached 104.5 at one point I freaked a bit and decided that I have never loved Motrin more in my life. We finally figured out a routine for the fever and for his aches. He slept on me and once his fever got over 100.5 we would give Motrin or Tylenol. I am a believer of holistic medicine but these past couple of days I needed modern medicine to help us all get through. Ben and I were also getting over rough colds so we were all a bit of a mess.
He has never wanted mom more and although I don't want him to be sick it's so sweet and very surreal to me these past sick moments we have spent together with him either asleep on me or cuddling with me.

Here is what Zackary is doing at 19 months:

-He's in a class called "My Gym" were they run around and play on mats, trampolines and anything gym like. He was very timid in the first class, but he's getting more comfortable now. He loves to watch the other kids and mothers...and I love watching his mind work.
-He is over pear and really into mango, banana and berries.
-He's becoming a bit more picky with meals that I make him..doesn't like slimy or big bites.
-He is acting more like he's ready to be pody trained.
-Still loves flowers, balls (throwing them especially), stacking blocks, reading books, listening to music and his new love are ladybugs.
-He loves to draw now with crayons and pens.
-He still loves his burp cloth and pacifier!
-He's 28 pounds and 34 inches.
-He likes to hide in our closet and play peek a boo!
-Loves the park, walks, driving in the car and pointing out all the flags we pass, eating his yogurt, and Elmo.
-He blows kisses, high fives, shows us how much we love him by throwing his arms up in the air when we ask, splashes in the bath and waves bye bye!
-He helps me make our bed and likes to turn our radio on full blast!
-He's good at hugs and kisses
and he has become really good at using straws and drinking normally out of a cup.
-He thinks it's fun to walk backwards towards me and fall into my lap..very trusting.
-He was transitioning to one nap a day (12-2:30) but with this cold it's back to two (9 & 1) .


Happy 19th Birthday Monk!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading everything Zackary is doing. I was thinking, him walking backwards is something the Pediatrician will ask you if he's doing at his 2 yr appt. Yay, he's doing it already!

    ReplyDelete