Thursday, March 18, 2010

Me at 18 months

I always say this but I can't believe that Zackary's 18 months old now. He's 28 pounds, 34 inches tall (90% for height) and doing good. He loves loves loves his food. There are only a few things he does not like. Favorites include lima beans, peas, broccoli, zucchini, spaghetti's, avocado, crackers, cheerios, peanut butter, yo baby yogurt, hummus, all fruits except cantaloupe and much more. He gets upset while his meals are being prepared because he does not want to wait. We hold him over with his grains like bread, crackers etc...and it works. In the morning for breakfast he loves to feed himself his yogurt...it's slightly stressful for me but it's fun too.

His new thing is to climb into Bentley's bed and just relax either with a toy or without. It's so funny. He'll walk into our bedroom and I will wonder where he went cause it's so quiet and there he is just sitting in Bentley's bed! To cute. The toy in the picture above we took off his saucer to put batteries in and he loves playing with it now...it's like he has never seen the toy before. Keeps his interest for awhile.

As maybe you can tell we have moved our rooms around. Ben and I moved upstairs and Zackary's new room is our old bedroom. It took him some time to adjust but it's going better now. He was also teething (and apparently still is with 10 teeth total 3 of those molars) and had a cold during the move so we weren't sure what was upsetting him but probably a mixture. He smiles and laughs all the time and has become more silly. We play peek a boo a lot! He helps me take off his shoes, put them away, put his clothes on and brush his hair. He loves going to the park-sand is his new passion. No more swinging...he wants to be down in the sand and he enjoys picking some up in his hand and bringing it to me over and over.

We have been teaching him to brush his teeth for awhile now. We entice him with a Winnie the Pooh toothbrush (he loves Winnie) and he is pretty good at helping us help him with his teeth. He's a good sport for the flossing as well.

He still has a fascination with balls-collecting, throwing, kicking and bouncing. He has formed a bit of stranger anxiety but to be expected. Music is still a big part of his play time and I swear he has become a bit of an Irish dancer.

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute, I love him brushing his teeth! I hope when I come visit he'll want to play chase and peek a boo! I miss you guys so much!!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete