
Last Friday Zackary turned 17 months old. He continues to grow physically and mentally. He learns new things everyday that amazes us. By chance I tried the above mittens on him thinking, "ya right he'll have those off in a minute." No...they are apart of our morning walk now. He loves them! It's too cute. He is jibber jabbing more trying to figure it out...and I think he's trying to say doggie. He is running and not as upset if he falls as he used to be. There is another tooth coming in (bottom right) which makes it a grand total of 7 teeth now! He gives hugs and kisses all day long and if we are playing hide and seek or chase (his two favorite things right now) he ends the game by running into mommies arms for a hug.

Sometimes it seems like he forgets his toys are there for him to play with. He walks around trying to find new things of ours to get his hands onto. When I remind him that Zackary has toys lets go play with them...a light bulb comes on and he runs to his toys and starts playing. He really understands a lot of what I am saying, except if it's time to clean up. Then he conveniently has absolutely no idea what I am saying. He helps make the bed by bringing me the pillows and then demands to get on the bed to roll around! Music...he loves music. He waits for me to play his morning tunes and evening tunes and he'll stop playing with his toys to turn music on and then start playing again.

He loves to stack this one dinosaur puzzle that he has. If he can't do it right he gets mad and starts throwing everything behind him...which is his new de-stressor. Anytime he gets frustrated he does this. We talked to his pediatrician and she said as long as he's not throwing it at someone on purpose then don't worry. Just don't laugh at it, she said. You just have to make sure you are not sitting behind him. I know he's just getting frustrated and can't verbally talk about it.

Our second visitor of the month was Ben's mom. She stayed with us for 2 weeks and helped us babysit while we were at work. Her and Zackary bonded and they had a good time together. It was really nice having her here with us. We really appreciated all of her help.
Zackary's Eczema is a bit better. I stopped giving him acidic foods for now and withheld wheat from his diet for a week. I think it helped. I am slowly incorporating it again and we will see what happens. He isn't itching at all and really is patient with all the creams we lube him up with several times a day.
Ben and I took Zackary down to the beach yesterday and because it was hot and beautiful out there were kids everywhere. He had fun walking up to them all playing in the sun and watching what they were doing. A 3 year old boy named Lucas befriended us all. He was a very social and interested boy. When his mom came down to check on him she knew all about Zackary because he had went and told her...7 teeth, a year and a half old and his name is Zackary...it was funny.
Zackary has this one yellow shovel that he loves. He just walks all around trying to dig with it but really is just hitting the sand. And the ocean doesn't scare him...he just walks right into it. There were an abnormal amount of shells at our beach which I have never seen before. I enjoyed looking through them to see what I could find. A intact baby sand dollar...and more. It reminded me of our days when Ben and I lived in Monterey.
No comments:
Post a Comment