
Zackary is 16 months old tomorrow...wow. He looks like a little man to me. Figured I would update you all with his likes and dislikes. This is his favorite book My Very Own Name. He loves reading it and has about 4 favorite pages where he enjoys staring at all the animals and flowers. I think he likes hearing his name too throughout the book....which leads me to his next favorite thing to do which is hugging everything. He puts his face up to the animals in this book to hug them. Tonight he bent down and put his head gently against Bentley...so adorable. He'll hug anything...toys, flowers, food, and if I lay him on my chest he'll hug me...over and over as I say, "more more." He even hugged a big rock he was playing with today...too funny.

He likes to play with all of our things more than his own toys like the camera case, water bottles, my mascaras, wallet, anything in the kitchen, and anything he can't have! We have been taking him down the street to a grassy area and he loves to chase the pigeons, and be chased. He's so much better at walking, which takes a little stress off of me during our park adventures. Ben and I spend a lot of time taking him to parks and just going on walks. He got scared going down a big boy slide with Dad so now he stays away from them.

He has a fascination with flowers. Great Grandma was pruning her roses the other day and we were out on a walk. He saw one rose laying on the ground and after mom checked it for thorns it became his best friend for the entire day. He carried it around, smelling it every so often, and showing it to others. He carries Camellias around too that we have in our back yard.

He's smelling the rose here...I once heard him actually sniffing the flower!!!

Dad and him build things with his blocks, he mostly tears them down but they have fun together. He's wearing his cute robe here that we put on him after bath time just to keep him warm before bed.
Some other things he likes:His baths-water goes everywhere.
Eating-he enjoys all his veges, fruits, meats, breads, beans, lentils, oat cereal, yogurt and his whole milk is getting easier too. Some new veges are lima beans and kale.
Puzzles-specially a dinosaur one.
Being tickled
His music we play every morning and night. In the morning it's a CD we got from a music class we took...he loves it and the evening CD is lullabies. In the car we have an Elvis Priestly lullabies CD which if I put it on he becomes so quiet I forget he's back there.
Crawling up the stairs
American Flags
Vacuum Cleaner
Grandma, Jedo and Baba, Grandma and Grandpa Alford (via skype)
Riding on the carousel
Visiting the koi fish
Fountains-water (like Bentley's water bowl)
Escalator-going up and down, up and down!!!
He's got a good throw
Things he doesn't enjoy at this moment:
Loud noises-children screaming and dogs barking
His face being wiped
Changing his diaper
Being told "no"
Taking his naps
If he gets mad, he throws things.
We are having some issues with his naps. We try having him just take one, but he doesn't sleep for long, and neither does he with two, if at all...he's in a transition I think. He also has been waking up super early and he's wet a lot too from so much pee in his diaper. I guess it's a work in progress.
It's so fun at this age. I love you little man.
He looks so old with his hoodie on and reading that book! Ha ha! I will have to check out that book too. Sounds cute. Good Mom teaching him to like roses!! Loved reading all about him. He is a cutie pie!!
ReplyDelete