First Pumpkin Patch
Zackary had so much fun today at his first ever pumpkin patch! This pumpkin was as big as him and he was having fun figuring out what he was suppose to do with it. Pick it up...no, put in mouth...no, pound on it several times...ya!
The patch is at a farm at the entrance of where Ben and I were married. It's sentimental and we try and visit the farm a couple times throughout the year. They celebrate every holiday or you can come for fresh veges, fruits and breads throughout the year.
We started out feeding the goats-of course, my favorite! They loved Zackary. He didn't even have the food, I did, but they decided to check him out. I think I counted 6 around him at once. He was smiling and trying to pet them. After awhile he started pushing them away...hilarious. Then we ate our lunch and watched the other children and families picking out their pumpkins taking pictures, and playing. Ben's favorite part was next...finding our perfect pumpkin. He wanted a bigger one...so we compared stems, size and shape and finally he chose one to his liking. We ended it all with a treat Chocolate Covered Strawberries...so good. Zackary and I shared and he loved, loved, loved them. His face was covered in strawberry when we left. Off to the car with a huge pumpkin, hot dogs-I know me...a hot dog...but it was good, strawberry covered faces and new memories. A good day at the pumpkin patch!
That pumpkin is HUGE! How funny that Zackary looks so small next to it. I can't wait to show Collin his first pumpkin! He played in snow for the first time. We went up to the mountains this weekend.
ReplyDelete