Saturday, June 27, 2009

Friends and Fathers

Zackary is now 9 1/2 months old. Our biggest events lately have been hanging out with baby friends around his age and Father's Day!!! As you can see in the picture above he was fascinated with little Kayden's face. He's always trying to grab other babies faces, it's so funny. He did so well with them though, that's Madison in the background (she shared her finger foods) and it was fun watching them all play together with each other's toys. The two boys were wanting to play with the same ball and Madison was watching in the background! Zackary got the ball at one point from him but then when Kayden got it he acted ok with sharing! My little man is growing!

Happy Father's Day DADA...Zackary and I woke up and surprised Dada with some First Father's Day presents (i-pod, cd's,). Then we promtly got in the car and drove to my mom's to take John, my stepdad, out to breakfast while my mom babysat (makes it easier on mom and dad focusing on some time with John while eating too)!! After, we played, watched the US Open and went around showing Zackary all the fun things that he can't play with (which is like everything-haha) at Grandpa and Grandma's house. I was hoping that Zackary would say Mama for the first time on Father's Day because on Mother's Day that is when he said Dada for the first time!!!! But to no prevail.

I felt bad for Ben because the rest of Ben's Father's Day he watched Zackary for me outside of a hospital because Baba (my Dad's mom) has been ill. So I hope I made the morning and early afternoon somewhat special for Dada.

Zackary had a fun time talking and playing with Grandpa. I can't wait for Zackary to get a little older so they can go on hikes. John will make certain that Zackary notices's every bit of nature around him...which is very important to me and a gift that John carries along with his innate ability to tell incredible stories. I used to love story time before bed...tales of Heidi were my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment