Monday, March 9, 2009

Vegas Babies

This past weekend Zackary went on his second trip to Las Vegas. One of my closest friends lives there so a bunch of us decided to meet up. There were three babies all relatively close in age and one toddler and the husbands! It was a fun weekend in all. Although Zackary and I got no sleep, we managed to smile and enjoy our time with everyone. It's hard to function on little sleep...and I felt so bad for him, he was really thrown off of his schedule, even today being at home it's been a struggle to know when to put him down for his naps. The weather was beautiful though and Ben got a golf day with the boys so that made him happy! My friend that lives in Las Vegas has a backyard swing that Zackary and I went on everyday and he loved it! It would put him to sleep after awhile.

A week before we left for Vegas we started him on some organic brown rice cereal. It was so funny to watch him spit it out and make a nasty face..but continue to reach for it and want it. He still isn't eating it really well, maybe cause I use water not formula or breast milk?. We are also struggling with him not sleeping through the night which is really making him tired (and us!). My last post talked about not swaddling him anymore, but we still are. We are realizing though that the time is drawing near to start sleep sacks because he gets his arm out of the swaddle every night and wakes us up crying. We have to cold turkey and just stop...and let him cry so he starts sleeping again all night and taking better naps. I feel bad for him. He is reaching for me now and giving me hugs, so cute, and laughs a lot for his daddy. He wants to eat the TV remote and his crab bath toy. He's rolling over really well from stomach to back. We also have this oldie Elvis CD for babies that he loves. We played it a lot while in Vegas and it really calms his down. He's off to sleep now, I better join him!

No comments:

Post a Comment