Thursday, August 13, 2015

Great Grandma's (GG) 96th Birthday-WOW

What a celebration...96!  Can you imagine.  I just think that is an amazing accomplishment.  We had a fun birthday party with brownies and presents including a big watermelon (one of GG's favorites).  

Here I am and Great Grandma.  Looks like I was about 4 here (Emeline your age now).  I use to love going to GG's house when I was little.  She was my savior, she made me smile, she had cool toys for me to play with!!  I loved playing bank when I was older.  I had a whole set up.  GG also made huge home made batches of vege soup, it was so good.  She had a cookie container too always filled for Grandpa and I to eat from after our soup!  She would take me to the local park and on her errands with her and she always took me to pick up Grandma and Grandpa from the airport when they would come home from Africa each summer.  I miss that GG.  She also loved you both so much and has been and still is in your life now.  She was their at your birth (came to the hospital) and helped me raise you.  She has been such a big person in my life filled with strength and the most amazing control of her mind.  She was massively into politics and religion.  Those two and her family kept her going.  

GG has been a vegetarian since she was a very young girl.  Living with her for 10 years I watched her routine and learned it well.  She loved oatmeal with oat bran on it, lethicin and banana all warmed for a minute in the microwave with milk in it.  She had fruit and nuts for snacks in the afternoon.  Her lunch she had vege soup, fruit, toast with sharp cheddar melted on it and milk and dinner was a protein, a vege and her salad (lettuce, tomato, shredded cabbage/zucchini and avocado) all mixed with her great ranch.  She usually had some sort of chocolate treat or fruit for dessert (peaches and ice cream, dates, watermelon).  Monday was laundry day, Friday was water the plants day, Thursday was trash day!  Happy Birthday Grandma...love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment