Monday, June 22, 2015

Oregon Bound

 Our family trip this year was to Washington and Oregon!  We started out staying at our friends house called the Bounty in the Columbia River Gorge in Washington State.  This one of a kind custom built home we stayed at was along a big creek and seriously was off the gride!  Peaceful, quiet, perfect home for our family...warm, cozy...we were so lucky to be able to stay there for free.  We hiked a lot, we spent a lot of time at the creek below the home and drove around the local towns.

You kids loved the nature surrounding the home and found many bugs, butterflies, and crawdad's to play with.  

Emeline is reading like it's a People Magazine.  HaHa so funny!  Whatever keeps you quiet!  I think you were checking out the plane and what it was all about.


Emeline your other mission on this trip was to collect flowers, what you called "flower picking".  This bouquet was my favorite.

One day we crossed the bridge into Oregon and walked around this private grassy area along the Gorge.  It was so beautiful...we all pee'd in the bushes...:).  When you have to go...



See that bridge in the background...that is the Bridge of the Gods.  Your Dad is infatuated with the PCT (Pacific Coast Trail) that you hike.  It goes from Mexico to Canada.  We just saw a movie about it called Wild and when he found out we were going to be close to part of the trail he got very excited.  Hence the picture below.  During one of Emeline's naps, Zackary you and Dad went on part of the trail!  What an experience.


Above you were catching Crawdad's.  Dad got really good at it.  

One morning we drove to Multnomah Falls in Oregon. Breathtakingly beautiful. 


Emme you love to climb.  I took you to a climbing gym once and you loved it.  It took you about 30 minutes to build up the courage to try it but once you did you were hooked and went hi.  Now any opportunity you attempt it.  Confidence builder!

Cute family.  

Infatuated!  :)

After 5 nights at the Bounty in the Gorge we set off for Corvallis for 3 nights.  One day we drove to Eugene to visit my good friends and your great, great aunt Lillian Jennings.  She is GG's sister...your great grandma Wilson.  She had a fake cat that you wouldn't let go of.  Always the littlest things that grab your heart.  I love seeing what intrigues you both.

At my friends home they had every kind of berry bush...and Emme you and I picked them for a long time and then ate them all.  I think you were in heaven.  Here you are picking blueberries.  They were gorgeous.

Our other day in Corvallis I showed you around Mommies alma mater Oregon State and the town I lived in for 4 years.  We ate at the Dream Pizza one night..yum and I got to try new coffee houses.  Below is my sorority Alpha Chi Omega.  I loved seeing all my college friends and even having a night out with them in Corvallis.  I so miss that.  College was an amazing time in my life that I pray you both will experience too.  

Last day we drove back up to Portland, checked out the outlets, ate some good Mexican Food in Woodbury and did some more shopping in Lake Oswego (Hanna Anderson outlet-I was in heaven) and stayed with some friends of mine.  You both had a blast playing with all my friends kids.  You got along so well but you were sad each time we had to say goodbye to your new friends.  I think we should just move up to Oregon!

No comments:

Post a Comment