Saturday, May 3, 2014

Continuing Grandpa's Annual Hike to Sturtevant Falls


I decided upon the passing of your grandpa we would keep his annual hike tradition going to Sturtevant Falls each spring.  Since I can remember at a young age he has been inviting around 25 to come to our home for a tour of his artifacts and then off to hike till the afternoon.  Everyone getting to know each other at lunchtime and the extraordinary lives each person lead.  One spring he took me and my friends further to the top of the falls and that was thrilling.  The hike we normally do is a 4 mile hike total to the waterfalls.  Dense forest in some areas, others hiking with dogs and children, streams to cross, snakes and butterflies, lunch at the waterfalls, serenity and memories captivate the morning and early afternoon.  You leave feeling proud, one with nature and with new friends.  Each year I hope to invite others to join as well.  

Zackary had a fun time hiking finding a lot of rocks and enjoying his time with us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment