Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Back for a Visit to Monterey


This is why I love the Monterey area.  The scenery, wildlife, fresh air, aquarium...tons for kids to do, 17 mile drive and of course the very United States beginning of Ben and my relationship . We rented a home in Pacific Grove and we all had the best time.

Our house was located two blocked from the ocean, two blocks from a golf course and 5 min from the aquarium and 17 mile drive.  Ben and I decided to trade off running each morning.  So the first morning when I went running this is what lead my way.  A white rainbow.  It was so strange but somewhere inside I felt like it was John (your grandpa) telling me to relax, breath, it is all okay, I am here with you.  I had a feeling of peace and an amazing run.

This is a picture of the golf course that lined the ocean...the fog was just starting to clear.  




We visited all of Ben and my favorite spots...Carmel Beach with the white sand...

The Organic Farm out on Carmel Valley road...





the Monterey Aquarium...






Point Lobos State Reserve...

Spanish Bay for dinner and of course our favorite, the bagpiper...






Asilomar Beach in Pacific Grove...

The infamous Lone Cypress... 

Pebble Beach...

and another favorite, farmers market in Monterey.

 
One evening after dinner we walked to the golf course close to our house.  The kids made up their own game and entertained themselves for nearly an hour while Ben and I just sat on the bench in peace and watched!!


We also had our own hiking/tree park area next to our house that we played hide and seek in and expended energy in.  It was perfect.  Such an amazing time together...really one trip to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment