Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Little Ladybug is ONE

Okay, is Emeline really one already? I can't believe it. Her first year went by so much faster than Zackary's first year. I guess that is normal though. I don't really do hardcore themes for Zackary's birthday's other than a beach theme, but I ended up going all out for Emelines-and it was so fun! I bought ladybug birthday invitations (last minute so I had no time to look for invites and my computer was broken so couldn't order online). The weeks following I went looking for ladybug themed stuff for the party and I was having no luck. A week before the store I was getting her balloons at got in all this ladybug FIRST birthday stuff....it was amazing! I made the food, had the cake done through a friend with natural food coloring and decorated the house in red/black/purple. She looked adorable in her yellow Hanna Anderson outfit!

Meet our new holiday/birthday dog Zackary named "Bubba."

I saw this stuff on pinterest (ladybug crackers and ladybug babybel cheeses.)


Here is her purple smash cake. I really didn't know what to expect. Zackary took some licks of his but not a lot so I figured she would have the cake all over her and just love it. Well after this bite...

and this lick...she was done! No more! (secretly I thought-thank gosh! Good job Mommy!)

My friend CM was at her party and because he has visited often lately she has gotten used to him a bit. Here she is totally flirting with him. She kept smiling like this to him and he would just laugh. It was the cutest part of the afternoon besides when she bit her smash cake!

Once she warmed up to the 20 family and friends that were there she started doing laps around the living room. Up stairs into the kitchen, down hallway, down stairs and back into living room. My mom ran after her over and over!

Emeline also had her first year check up. It was long. They checked her lead and hemoglobin (both normal), gave two vaccs and I had a lot of questions for the doc. She is 30.5in. (89%), 22.4 pounds (69%) and a small head! She has decided to fight her afternoon naps. She's up early between 5-6 and so tired by 9. Sometimes she falls right to sleep sometimes she fights it forever. Then once it is time for her second afternoon nap she stays wide awake....standing at the edge of her crib and cries for me. So shes awake from 10:30/11 am until bed where she maybe makes it to 5pm maybe even earlier to bed. So I know she's changing, etc...but it still sucks and is hard!
She has become so good at walking with her tiny baby stroller. She moves it forcefully so she can turn corners or go backwards. She plops down on her butt as well when she wants down. Dancing, well I think she is going to take after her mom...cause she loves to dance! Some other things she loves are her doggie Bentley, her brother (who is still having a hard time with her), Mickey Mouse, most food (especially all cheeses), walks, peek a boo, bath time all her brothers toys, drums, swinging at the park and she is addicted to her pacifiers! She waves, picks up small things really easily with her two fingers, understands what we are saying most of the time, walks well while holding on and drinks well from her sippy cup with straw!
We love you ladybug! Happy One Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment