
About a week after we brought our new little daughter home, as we were all eating quesadillas and guacamole for dinner, Zackary started to develop hives on his face, right were some avocado was. Within minutes they had traveled all over his body in clusters of 20-30. After Benadryl and a bath they were better but it took about 2 weeks for the last hive to go away. At that point I was not convinced that it was a try avocado allergy. I thought that the rough adjustment he was having to Emeline was the cause-anxiety. But one week ago as he was eating a Kiwi he started itching his ears and eyes...and sure enough his lip was swelling. Of course I freaked, ran got the Benadryl, which in that amount of time he had hives all over his face, and called the doctor. After a bath again, and a nap he was fine. No troubles breathing at all. Yesterday was the trip to the pediatric allergist which I didn't care for much and probably will look for a second opinion...but he prescribed a epi-pen. Great...I never thought I would have to use an epi-pen...and hope I don't ever have to. Needless to say I'm freaked about it and hope that some allergy testing helps determine in that food group if he's allergic to mango, papaya, avocado and hazelnut. That is all the allergist will test him for...which is confusing to me. Update to come...
So glad you have an epi pen. That is some scary stuff!
ReplyDelete